My day today was a mix of random sobbing and staring into space. It kind of went something like this:
1. Open my email – start sobbing
2. Walk to the bus stop – start sobbing
3. Boss asks a question about upcoming shipments – start sobbing
4. Come home on the bus – start sobbing
5. Look at all the spots on the floor I expect to see the poodle and don’t – start sobbing
6. Pass the fluffy pup’s food and water bowl in the kitchen that I can’t bring myself to do anything about – start sobbing
As you can tell, I’m not taking the passing of the fluff pup well.
So after a fruitful day of sobbing, I decided that some serious comfort food was in order. I’m not feeling particularly hungry and haven’t had much of an appetite for the past few days, but I still felt a need to stuff my face with KFC.
I came home and told Master of my brilliant plan for dinner and because he knows better than to stand between an emotionally traumatized girlie and her comfort food, he drove me to the local KFC where we loaded up with ten pieces of hot & spicy chicken and two large chips.
I scoffed my chips on the drive home and hoed into the chicken when we arrived home, washing it down with a raspberry vodka cruiser. Afterwards, I topped it all off with a huge bowl of ice-cream that I covered in nestle’s chocolate quik and then stirred into a kind of chocolate flurry. I don’t know whether all that made me feel any better, but I didn’t sob into my chicken so maybe I’m making some head-way.
But then again I’m sobbing into my cup of tea while trying to write a blog, so maybe not.
I’m sure I’ll come to terms with the loss of my poodle pup eventually and get back to my regularly scheduled blog programme of angst and porn, but until then you’ll have to bear with me, okay?
Master and I also want to say thank you to everyone for your heart-felt messages that were left in comments and sent as emails. We appreciate all of them.