…I bring you snippets!
* I broke my orgasm drought! I earned one release for ‘being amusing’ and after holding on to it for approximately two weeks, last night at 1am I was feeling restless and used it. It was a no-frills finger job owing to the fact that my hitachi was in Master’s bedroom and I didn’t feel like charging in there for it while he was asleep. I’d avoided porn like the plague for a couple of months because I knew if I watched any of it, I’d be torturing myself without being able to have a release, so I had a HUGE amount of new porn to click through. It was yummy.
*I’ve rediscovered my piano mojo! After being depressed that my hands just didn’t want to cooperate after nearly a decade and a half without so much as touching a key, a couple of hours of messing around on my new keyboard and it all started coming back to me. My reading of music is a bit woeful at present, but hopefully that will get better with practise too.
* Random acts of kindness rock! Remember a while ago when I said I needed to do 181 quests on WoW to get my deathchill cloak recipe? Well I did all that I could on my own and had about 30 quests left that I needed a group for. After a couple of weeks of no luck with trying to find people to group with an un-geared n00b like me, an uberly nice person grouped with me and helped me do ALL my remaining quests. It kind of restored my faith in man-kind.
* It’s raining! It’s only a few drops, but anything is better than nothing for my poor veggie garden babies. I’ve been lugging out bottles of water every day in an attempt to keep more from dying, but I’ve lost all of my onions and quite a few of everything else to the baking sun. I’ve also been battling with caterpillars, grasshoppers and mysterious creatures that eat my babies in the middle of the night.
* I’ve eaten approximately a whole xmas pudding (the puddings Master made were so completely divine) and half a container of ice cream! I’m thinking that the new year will see me doing a serious detox and getting back on the diet wagon before I can’t fit into my new clothes anymore.
* I cleaned my room! It’s been many, many months since I last saw my floor and today I thought I’d be productive. Master calls my room “The minefield” and while I don’t make it messy on purpose, it’s comforting to know that no-one can sneak up on me in the middle of the night without falling over shit and waking me up.
*I think I like my iMac! While the magic mouse sucks for playing WoW and gives me major RSI, I’m enjoying having a computer that I can turn on and just do stuff with. We have had a few dramas with networking and sound issues, but overall I think there’s a lot less drama than with Windoze. Once I set it up to right-click, my brain was a lot happier.
*I enjoy going to bed at 2am and getting up after 9am! That’s the good thing about having a week off – the only good thing, because I obviously won’t get a paycheck this week.
*I’m in two minds about whether I want to see Sherlock Holmes or Avatar at the movies. I have a very soft spot for Robert Downey Jr., who I never used to like until I saw him in Ironman, and I hate, hate, hated Titanic, so James Cameron needs to do something marvellous to get into my good books.
*I finished Kushiel’s Dart! Yay! Third time was a charm. I still don’t understand who is who and all the political stuff that went on but at least I can now say I have read it. My thoughts? Meh. It’s a book. Not at all kinky and definitely not enough details about juicy stuff. I’ve started Kushiel’s Chosen and then I’ll see whether I want to buy the third one, just to finish the trilogy.
* I need a new tv series to watch. Now that True Blood has finished, I officially have *nothing* on tv to watch at all. But the really disturbing thing? I kind of started liking Eric at the end of Season Two….now I’m thinking he’s hotter than Bill…I saw an interview with the guy who played Sookie’s brother in the paper the other day. He’s Australian, Sookie grew up in New Zealand and Bill is a pommie. When I watch the show, I always sit there and listen to their amusing American accents.