It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, so instead of movie quotes, I’m going to try something different and do movie summaries.
The first person to correctly name as many movies as possible will be crowned Movie Queen of the Innernets!!!
Remember: no googling, no jokes that are funnier than mine and the correct title of the movie is required.
The game starts now:
1. Set in northern Australia before World War II, an English aristocrat who inherits a sprawling ranch reluctantly pacts with a stock-man in order to protect her new property from a takeover plot. As the pair drive 2,000 head of cattle over unforgiving landscape, they experience the bombing of Darwin, Australia, by Japanese forces firsthand.
2. In the distant future, a small waste collecting robot inadvertently embarks on a space journey that will ultimately decide the fate of mankind.
3. Four London working class stiffs pool their money to put one in a high stakes card game, but things go wrong and they end up owing half a million pounds and having one week to come up with the cash.
4. In a future world devastated by disease, a convict is sent back in time to gather information about the man-made virus that wiped out most of the human population on the planet.
5. A classic fairy tale, with swordplay, giants, an evil prince, a beautiful princess, and yes, some kissing (as read by a kindly grandfather).
6. A Las Vegas-set comedy centered around three groomsmen who lose their about-to-be-wed buddy during their drunken misadventures, then must retrace their steps in order to find him.
7. In 2027, in a chaotic world in which humans can no longer procreate, a former activist agrees to help transport a miraculously pregnant woman to a sanctuary at sea, where her child’s birth may help scientists save the future of humankind.
8. By tying thousands of balloon to his home, 78-year-old Carl Fredricksen sets out to fulfill his lifelong dream to see the wilds of South America. Right after lifting off, however, he learns he isn’t alone on his journey, since Russell, a wilderness explorer 70 years his junior, has inadvertently become a stowaway on the trip.
9. A young Greek woman falls in love with a non-Greek and struggles to get her family to accept him while she comes to terms with her heritage and cultural identity.
10. A bored married couple is surprised to learn that they are both assassins hired by competing agencies to kill each other.
11. In October of 1994, three student film makers disappeared in the woods near Burkittesville, Maryland. One year later, their footage was found.
12. A young journalist must investigate a mysterious videotape which seems to cause the death of anyone in a week of viewing it.
13. Two straight, single Brooklyn firefighters pretend to be a gay couple in order to receive domestic partner benefits.
14. A retired master car thief must come back to the industry and steal 50 cars with his crew in one night to save his brother’s life.
15. When wealthy industrialist Tony Stark is forced to build an armored suit after a life-threatening incident, he ultimately decides to use its technology to fight against evil.
*I’ll be modding comments for this just so that the answers aren’t revealed too soon. Even if your comment doesn’t show up, rest assured I’ve got your answers in my hot little hands.*