- I found a place for us to live and am signing the lease today! Squee! I’m hoping it doesn’t suck and that there aren’t weird neighbours or sounds (me and sound have such a difficult relationship) or anything else that will make my left eye start to twitch. I angsted so much about finding an apartment because it wasn’t just for me, it was for both of us and I keep thinking about M’s needs and what he would like. I must have looked at 15 to 20 places and by the end of it I was so far down my hole of indecisiveness that I couldn’t see the way out. I think M got sick of me calling him every five minutes about such and such a place and spending hours and hours on Skype discussing the pros and cons of location verses space verses floor plan.
- Reactions to M and I getting back together have ranged from ‘WTF??!??’ to ‘WTF…I mean…WTF??!!?’ It’s been interesting to say the least. There hasn’t been a lot of positiveness and being the impressionable, needing validation person I am, it has made me feel rather angsty.
- I called my mother for her birthday on the weekend and we ended up having a two-hour deep and meaningful that saw us both dissolve into tears about my issues with my father and how I had a sucky emotional upbringing. I find it interesting that she didn’t really know why I have so much anger towards him.
- Three weeks ago I started the ten day blood sugar detox (yeah, you do the math). It was one of those hard-core no sugar, no caffeine, no dairy, no grains, eat lots of seeds and greens type of thing. On day 2 and 3 I suffered horrible, horrible withdrawal symptoms that made me incredibly nauseous and I had a headache that made me want to tear my head off (I had to take time off work and crawl into bed!), but after that I started feeling really good and totally in control so I just keep going…lol. I don’t think I’ve eaten so many seeds, nuts and green leafy things in my life. One things though, it doubled my food bills and actually takes a fair amount of planning and preparation. My plan is to keep going until I’ve lost the few kgs I put on in Melbourne and the from the emotional binge eating I did after getting back.
- I’ve been waking up at crazy o-clock (4am-ish) and doing a reasonable amount of writing. I just needed that one sentence to get me started (I think it came to me while I was on the toilet dealing with my cruciferous vegetable lifestyle..tmi?) and then everything started to form in my mind. I’ve still got to make a decision about which story arc I’m going to choose (there are a couple I’ve mapped out) and then there is finding the time I need to write with moving, kitten and Mark 3.0 and an impending work trip to Japan
And that’s where I am at